Tuesday, February 1, 2011

She has been a busy bee


I have been so busy I haven't had time to share my amazing finds from my antique store outing a couple weeks back. For the wedding I wanted to incorporate our love for vintage decor, so my mom and I set out on a mission and came back with some pretty great loot.


I want to use this old Dr. Pepper crate to hold place cards for tables. We are doing a gray, yellow, and white theme, so we thought it would be a cute idea to use lemons as the place card holders. We have found a few more, I think two 7UP ones, but they haven't arrived yet. :(

Awesome story about these (the top two)...My mom and I walk into this Shabby Chic Cottage antique store and I immediately spot these on the top of this fabulous blue cabinet. I asked the owner how much she would sell them for and she said they were not for sale. I was bumming big time. Well, my mom ended buying the cutest farm table and benches from the store and the owner told me I could just take the suitcase and train case for FREE. Yep, FREE!! I was so excited. I don't know exactly what I will use them for in the wedding, but I am stoked to have nabbed these up anyways to use as decoration around the house. The one on the very bottom was a present from my amazing step-mom for Christmas.

These old milk jars were the icing on the cake for our antique store outing. We walk into my favorite place ever, go all the way to the back, and low and behold a wall filled with these jars was right before my very eyes. I turn around to look at my mom and the both of us started freaking out. These were exactly what I wanted to use for vases on tables! Since we have some time before we get married, I am just collecting these as we find them. 


3 comments:

Stephanie McKay said...

The Dr. Pepper thing is so cute!!!

Shelly said...

Megan! I saw your comment on Chelsea's blog and was SOO excited! How exciting your life is right now! I'm LOVING pouring over your blog. I miss you, too. You look more beautiful and happy than ever. Good luck with everything during this exciting time. Love you!

Megan said...

Thanks so much Shelly!! Life is beyond exciting!! :) I hope you are doing great! Love you too!